Theron D. Morrison is one of Utah’s top bankruptcy and real estate attorneys. As the founding partner of Morrison & Murff in 2004, Theron has filed nearly 7000 cases and has consistently been one of the largest consumer law firms in the state of Utah. Theron is an avid outdoorsman, and always up for a new adventure, whether it’s trekking into the remote Canadian wilderness for pike fishing, or strapping his kids up with heavy packs, leading them deep into the High Uintah Mountains.
When Theron isn’t meeting with clients, he’s often teaching continuing education classes for Utah’s real estate professionals, mentoring young lawyers through the Utah State Bar’s Young Lawyer program, or coaching Utah’s youth soccer stars in competitive premier soccer leagues.
Theron has served as president of the Weber County Bar Association, and authored the well known book, Are You considering Bankruptcy? Know the 7 Secrets They Don’t Want You to Know, which sells on Amazon.com. In 2015, Theron’s peers at the National Consumer Bankruptcy Council honored him and voted Theron “National Bankruptcy Attorney of the Year.” To those who know him, it’s no wonder Theron’s track record of helping Utahans gets a fresh start and a fair shake has gained national attention.
- Willamette University College of Law (J.D., 2004)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (B.S. Criminal Justice and Criminology, 2001) Minor in Spanish, Graduated Cum Laude
Professional Memberships and Activities
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Consumer Bankruptcy Council
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bankruptcy Division, State Bar of Utah
- Criminal Law Division, State Bar of Utah
- Weber County Bar Association (President 2007)
Other Professional Experience
- Founder of Morrison and Murff, PLLP (2004)
- Law Clerk, Olsen, Olsen, & Daines (2002-2004)
- Law Clerk, Law Office of William Morgan (2002)
- Utah (2004)
- Supreme Court of Utah
- United States District Court, District of Utah
- Coaching, skiing, spending time with family in the gorgeous State of Utah and beyond.